Wednesday, December 10, 2008

nostalgia!

Blur's reuniting for a show next year! Well, well, well... This certainly has capped this end of year atmosphere. After looking back to my formative years in light of the declaration of Richey Edwards' death, and reading loads of old Donald Duck comics, it's nostalgia time again. A band reuniting isn't something new, and generally not something I look forward to. I didn't even want to see Led Zeppelin when they played THAT show this year. I must say though, I've always had time for Blur. Whereas Oasis marched on and on churning out the same old song, they did the decent thing and broke up. After a bunch of album, in which they never really stuck to a formula. Well, maybe a bit during their britpop years. Damon Albarn's certainly a guy I really admire. What he's done after Blur has really exceeded everyone's expectation. I would've banked on Jarvis Cocker to have the most interesting solo carreer. And as for Graham Coxon. He was and is and always will be a role model for me as a guitarist. Cool specs and impeccable sense of fashion too. The other two members, though not as interesting as Coxon and Albarn has certainly done something with their lives too. Anyone knows the whereabouts of those two Oasis stalwarts, that Bonehead dude and that bassist (Guiggsy, or something like that)???? No? Didn't think so.

No comments:

Blog Archive